A few weeks ago, I made an ever-so secret birthday cake for one of my housemates. Chocolate, naturally from the recipe of home-made chocolate cake: the cast iron crowd-pleader of cakes. Searching for the perfect recipe,
The birthday girl loved her surprise, and indeed “that cake” hit many of the necessary buttons: moist, dark and crumbly, it was still going strong a couple of days later
Flavor was the real plus point in a dessert-style chocolate cakes of course, it generally has to be eaten in teeny tiny slivers with a fork. A chocolate cake in the truest sense of the word. Not a torte, not a mousse, not a pudding, but a cake of my. And that, surely, isn’t beyond the bounds of possibility.
Recommendations came flooding in for the cake I prepared home-made chocolate cake for the party. I would love to share my recipe for the homemade chocolate cake with you all so that u can also try it for your loved ones.
- Shortening, as needed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for the pans
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Cake pans, as needed
- Waxed or parchment paper
- Paper cupcake liners (if making cupcakes)
- Medium bowl
- Electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Wire cooling racks
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Read the directions for your chosen a decorated cake to see what size pans to use. Lightly grease the bottom of each cake pan, then line it with waxed paper or parchment paper and grease and lightly flour the bottom and sides. If you are making cupcakes, line the cups with paper liners.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 2 cups flour, the cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Using an electric mixer on medium to high speed beat the butter in a large bowl for 30 seconds. With the mixer on medium speed, gradually add the sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating each addition 3 to 4 minutes or until well combined. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl; continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes more, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
5. With the mixer on low speed and beating until just combined after each addition, beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with 2 additions of the milk. With the mixer on medium to high speed, beat the batter for 20 seconds more.
6. Using a rubber spatula spread the batter in the prepared pans. Unless your project directions indicate otherwise, fill round, square, rectangular, or shaped pans two-thirds full; fill cupcake cups two-thirds full. Bake the cake(s), referring to your for the baking time; each cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake in the pan to a wire rack. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto the rack, lift off the pan, and peel off the waxed paper. Let the cake cool completely on the rack. Remove cupcakes from the pans after cooling for 15 minutes.
Devil’s Food Cake Variation:
Follow the chocolate cake recipe, using 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda and omitting the baking powder.
so, this was my recipe for home made chocolate cake came from my own brain and It was a shoo.